CALENDAR OF EVENTS
To schedule an event, please contact Sandy here.
“If you haven’t read The Joey Song, you are really missing out. Sandy Swenson is a powerful speaker and really moved the audience.” ~Director of Clinical Services MHRSB
- Parents Helping Parents, Inc. Annual Fundraiser, Oklahoma History Center, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. May 9. 6:30-7:30 PM.
- Hazelden’s ‘Second Sunday’ —”Where Love and Addiction Meet”. Cork Auditorium, Center City, Minnesota. June 9. 10:00-11:30 AM.
- Hazelden Retreat —”Mom to Mom: Where Love and Addiction Meet.” Dan Anderson Renewal Center, Center City, Minnesota. June 14-16
- Henry Ford Maple Grove Center, West Bloomfield, Michigan. October 13. 7:00-9:00 PM.
- Families Against Addiction (FAN) Malcolm County and Alliance of Coalitions for Healthy Communities (ACHC), Orion Community Center, 1335 Joslyn Rd, Lake Orion, Michigan. October 11, 7:00-8:30 PM.
- St. Vincent Stress Center, St. Vincent Stress Center Auditorium, 8401 Harcourt Road, Indianapolis, Indiana. October 9, 7:00-9:00 PM.
- A Man in Recovery (AMIR), Naperville, Illinois. Wheatland Salem Church, 1825 95th Street, Naperville. October 8, 7:00-9:00 PM.
- HazelFest, Center City, Minnesota. August 4, 11:00 AM-7:30 PM.
- Hazelden Minnesota Speaker Series. Huss Auditorium, St. Paul, Minnesota. June 26, 7:00 PM.
- Hazelden Retreat—”Mom to Mom: Where Love and Addiction Meet.” Dan Anderson Renewal Center, Center City, Minnesota. June 22-24.
- An Evening with Sandra Swenson–From One Mother to Another. Wesley Center, Minneapolis, MN. Tickets via Eventbrite. June 20, 7:00-8:30 PM.
- Facebook Live– Mother’s Day: Together We Are Stronger (recorded). May 8, 8:00 PM.
- WCCO/CBS Mid Morning Show, Minneapolis, MN. February 23, 9:00 AM.
We can find strength and comfort in each other—and in the enduring blessing that is motherhood. And we can celebrate that.
Posted by Sandy Swenson on Tuesday, May 8, 2018
”Sandy Swenson is the Obi Wan Kenobi of healing. Treat yourself to this brief video if you need comfort, company along the road of a child’s addiction, or if you just plain want to nourish your soul.” ~ Parent Pathway
- Attack Addiction, Gunning Bedford Middle School, New Castle, Delaware. November 20, 2017. 6:30-8:30 PM. Open to the public.
- Caron Parent Groups, Bethesda, Maryland, November 16, 2017.
- Parents Affected by Addiction (PABA), 6915 Crain Highway, La Plata, MD 20646. November 15, 2017. 6:30-8:30 PM. Open to the public.
- Caron Renaissance Parent Group, Vienna, Virginia, November 12, 2017.
- Caron Family Groups, Morristown, New Jersey, November 9, 2017.
- Council on Addiction Prevention and Education (CAPE), Eleven-11 Grille & Spirits, Fishkill, New York, November 8. 7:00-9:00 PM. Open to the public–RSVP required: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Council on Addiction Prevention and Education (CAPE) staff. Fishkill, New York, November 8
- John Jay High School, Fishkill New York, November 8
- Dinner and Dandelions. Fishkill, New York, November 7.
- Hazelden HOPE event (Heroin and Opiate Prevention Efforts), Fort Meyers, Florida, October 26, 2017. 8:00AM-4:00 PM.
- Hazelden Webinar: Mom to Mom: Getting Honest About Our Kids and Their Addiction September 14, 2017. View on demand.
- Families Anonymous World Convention, keynote. Evansville, Indiana, June 3-4, 2017
- Love in Addiction: Documentary. Screening March 4, 2017, at Texas Theater, Dallas, Texas. Tickets are free but must be reserved in advance
- Fox News 7: Using NARCAN To Stop Overdose. Austin Texas, February 20, 2017. Video and article.
- A Man In Recovery Radio “From Dope to Hope”: Interview with Tim Ryan. A Mother’s Story of Her Son’s Addiction. “My Love Is Not A Failure.” December 5, 2016.
- Caron Family Groups, Allentown and Philadelphia, Pennsylvania: September 26 and 27, 2016
- Bristol Saves Lives, Bristol, Virginia: August 13, 2016
- Machiavelli’s, Bristol, Tennessee: August 12, 2016
- Books-A-Million, Bristol, Virginia, August 12, 2016
- East Tennessee University, Johnson City, Tennessee: August 12, 2016
- Come Together Mason County, Shelton Timberland Library, May 24, 2016 from 6:30-7:30pm.
- York County, Pennsylvania, Heroin Forum with the Evening Sun/USA Today, Hanover, Pennsylvania: May 10, 2016 (Evening Sun Article– Love and Addiction: When Addicts Suffer, So Do Families)
- Gunning Bedford Middle School, New Castle, Delaware: March 5, 2016
- Attack Addiction, New Castle, Delaware: March 4, 2016
- Stark County, Ohio, Opiate Symposium, Akron, Ohio: December 14, 2015
- Cody’s Fresh Start, Denver, Colorado: September 14, 2015
- Overdose Awareness Memorial Walk and Rally, Streator, Illinois: August 22, 2015
- Family Recovery Network, Rochester, New York, July 18, 2015
- Good Day Rochester: July 16, 2015 (TV)
- Barnes & Noble, Rochester New York: July 17, 2015
- Families Anonymous World Convention, Livingston, New Jersey: May 30, 2015
- Caron Family Program, Dallas Texas: December 13, 2014
- Caron Renaissance Parent Support Group, Families Anonymous and Father Martin’s Ashley, Vienna,Virginia: October 26, 2014
- Caron Parent Support Group, Falls Church, Virginia, October 23, 2014
- JWCCC Book Club, Chevy Chase, Maryland: October 22, 2014
- AlAnon, Rockville, MD: October 20, 2014
- National Park Seminary, Silver Spring, Maryland: October 19, 2014
- PABA Parents, Waldorf, Maryland: October 16, 2014
- Junior Women’s Club of Chevy Chase, Chevy Chase, Maryland: October 15, 2014
- Caron Renaissance Parent Support Group, Morristown, New Jersey, October 10, 2014
- Empower Hour with Debbie Sherrick (Radio): December 16, 2014
- The Addiction Conversation with David Cooke (Radio): October 9, 2014
- Breaking Chains with Gwen Carden (Radio): June19, 2014