CALENDAR OF EVENTS
To schedule an event, please contact Sandy here.
“If you haven’t read The Joey Song, you are really missing out. Sandy Swenson is a powerful speaker and really moved the audience.” ~Director of Clinical Services MHRSB
- WCCO/CBS Mid Morning Show, Minneapolis, MN. February 23, 9:00 AM.
- Hazelden Retreat—”Mom to Mom: Where Love and Addiction Meet.” Dan Anderson Renewal Center, Center City, Minnesota. June 22-24.
- Hazelden Minnesota Speaker Series. June 26. (Details soon.)
- Attack Addiction, Gunning Bedford Middle School, New Castle, Delaware. November 20, 2017. 6:30-8:30 PM. Open to the public.
- The Addict’s Mom (TAM) and Rage Against Addiction. Mt. Zion United Methodist Church, Bel Air, Maryland. November 18, 2017. 1:00-3:00 PM. Open to the public.
- Caron Parent Groups, Bethesda, Maryland, November 16, 2017.
- Parents Affected by Addiction (PABA), 6915 Crain Highway, La Plata, MD 20646. November 15, 2017. 6:30-8:30 PM. Open to the public.
- SpiritWorks Foundation, Bruton Parish Church Building, Williamsburg, Virginia. November 13, 2017. 6:30-8:30 PM. Open to the public–Reserve free ticket here.
- Caron Renaissance Parent Group, Vienna, Virginia, November 12, 2017.
- Be a Part of the Conversation, Horsham Township Library, Horsham, Pennsylvania, November 11, 2017. 10:30 AM-12:00 PM. Open to the public–Register here.
- Lehigh Valley Parent Support Groups, Lehigh Valley Hospital, Anderson Family Pavilion Auditorium, Allentown, Pennsylvania, November 10, 2017. 7:00-9:00 PM. Open to the public–Register here.
- Caron Family Groups, Morristown, New Jersey, November 9, 2017.
- Council on Addiction Prevention and Education (CAPE), Eleven-11 Grille & Spirits, Fishkill, New York, November 8. 7:00-9:00 PM. Open to the public–RSVP required: email@example.com
- Council on Addiction Prevention and Education (CAPE) staff. Fishkill, New York, November 8
- John Jay High School, Fishkill New York, November 8
- Dinner and Dandelions. Fishkill, New York, November 7.
- Hazelden HOPE event (Heroin and Opiate Prevention Efforts), Fort Meyers, Florida, October 26, 2017. 8:00AM-4:00 PM.
- Hazelden Webinar: Mom to Mom: Getting Honest About Our Kids and Their Addiction September 14, 2017. View on demand.
- Families Anonymous World Convention, keynote. Evansville, Indiana, June 3-4, 2017
- Love in Addiction: Documentary. Screening March 4, 2017, at Texas Theater, Dallas, Texas. Tickets are free but must be reserved in advance
- Fox News 7: Using NARCAN To Stop Overdose. Austin Texas, February 20, 2017. Video and article.
- A Man In Recovery Radio “From Dope to Hope”: Interview with Tim Ryan. A Mother’s Story of Her Son’s Addiction. “My Love Is Not A Failure.” December 5, 2016.
- Caron Family Groups, Allentown and Philadelphia, Pennsylvania: September 26 and 27, 2016
- Bristol Saves Lives, Bristol, Virginia: August 13, 2016
- Machiavelli’s, Bristol, Tennessee: August 12, 2016
- Books-A-Million, Bristol, Virginia, August 12, 2016
- East Tennessee University, Johnson City, Tennessee: August 12, 2016
- Come Together Mason County, Shelton Timberland Library, May 24, 2016 from 6:30-7:30pm.
- York County, Pennsylvania, Heroin Forum with the Evening Sun/USA Today, Hanover, Pennsylvania: May 10, 2016 (Evening Sun Article– Love and Addiction: When Addicts Suffer, So Do Families)
- Gunning Bedford Middle School, New Castle, Delaware: March 5, 2016
- Attack Addiction, New Castle, Delaware: March 4, 2016
- Stark County, Ohio, Opiate Symposium, Akron, Ohio: December 14, 2015
- Cody’s Fresh Start, Denver, Colorado: September 14, 2015
- Overdose Awareness Memorial Walk and Rally, Streator, Illinois: August 22, 2015
- Family Recovery Network, Rochester, New York, July 18, 2015
- Good Day Rochester: July 16, 2015 (TV)
- Barnes & Noble, Rochester New York: July 17, 2015
- Families Anonymous World Convention, Livingston, New Jersey: May 30, 2015
- Caron Family Program, Dallas Texas: December 13, 2014
- Caron Renaissance Parent Support Group, Families Anonymous and Father Martin’s Ashley, Vienna,Virginia: October 26, 2014
- Caron Parent Support Group, Falls Church, Virginia, October 23, 2014
- JWCCC Book Club, Chevy Chase, Maryland: October 22, 2014
- AlAnon, Rockville, MD: October 20, 2014
- National Park Seminary, Silver Spring, Maryland: October 19, 2014
- PABA Parents, Waldorf, Maryland: October 16, 2014
- Junior Women’s Club of Chevy Chase, Chevy Chase, Maryland: October 15, 2014
- Caron Renaissance Parent Support Group, Morristown, New Jersey, October 10, 2014
- Empower Hour with Debbie Sherrick (Radio): December 16, 2014
- The Addiction Conversation with David Cooke (Radio): October 9, 2014
- Breaking Chains with Gwen Carden (Radio): June19, 2014